Coming for a massage for the first time can make some people feel a bit…
As our lives seem to just get busier and busier, the daily juggle of activities be it kids, school, work, home life, caring for aged parents, the pressures are real. The art of stress management is vital. Scheduling self-care and me-time is becoming more important than ever to ensure the wheels don’t fall off.
Benefits of massage
- Massage therapy is known for its ability to relax stiff muscles caused by physical tension and stress.
- Massage improves circulation and warms the target area to receive more oxygen-rich blood which promotes natural healing.
- After warming and kneading these areas they will be smoothed – kind of like ironing out the wrinkles of your best shirt.
- Receiving a massage will also help in the moment to lower your blood pressure, fully relax you, and give the body some restoration time.
- The parasympathetic nervous system is activated when we experience stress or pain. Massage stimulates the parasympathetic nervous system helping to restore our inner balance.